Genak-10 Injection is a potent antimicrobial agent that acts on susceptible bacteria presumably by irreversibly binding to the 30S ribosomal subunit thereby inhibiting protein synthesis. It also displaces divalent cations responsible for linking the lipopolysaccharide (LPS) molecules together such as Mg2+ or Ca2+ in the bacterial cell wall resulting in the damage to membrane integrity leading to the formation of transient holes that significantly contribute to the bactericidal effects.
Genak-10’s spectrum of activity includes coverage against many aerobic Gram-negative and some aerobic Gram-positive bacteria. It is indicated in Urogenital tract infections like Nephritis, Pyelonephritis, Cystitis, Ureteritis, Metritis, Postpartum Endometritis, Pyometra, Septic abortions & Tuboovarian abscesses; Respiratory tract infections; Bacteremia/Septicemia; Bone, Skin and Soft tissue infections (Osteomyelitis, Burns); and Intra-abdominal infections including Peritonitis.
Each ml contains:
|Gentamicin Sulphate BP||100.0 mg|
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION:
Intramuscular (IM) use:
- 5 ml per 100 Kg body weight intramuscularly daily for 3-5 days in all species of animals.
- Cow/Buffalo: Mix 2 ml Genak-10 (Injection) in 20 ml normal saline.
- Mare: Mix 5 ml Genak-10 (Injection) in 20 ml normal saline.
For Subcutaneous use:
- Poultry: (Day old chicks) Dilute 1 ml of Genak-10 (Injection) with 100 ml of sterile water. Inject 0.2 ml of this solution in neck by subcutaneous route.
- Never use it with neuromuscular blocking agents, diuretics and other nephrotoxic drugs.
- Withdrawal period:
Meat: 7 days
Milk: 3 days
- Shake well before use.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
- Keep it below 25˚C in a cool and dark place.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY