Folak Injection is a potent bacteriostatic agent that acts on susceptible bacteria by binding to 50S ribosomal subunits, leading to the inhibition of peptidyl transferase and thereby preventing the transfer of amino acids to extending peptide chains and subsequent protein formation.
Folak Injection has broad spectrum of activity including aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, which are either Gram-positive or Gram-negative. It is indicated for the treatment of Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD); Bovine interdigital inflammatory conditions like Foot Rot; Bovine Shipping Fever; Keratoconjunctivitis; Bacterial Pneumonia; Undifferentiated fever; Bacterial Meningitis in calves; Urinary and Genital tract infections.
Each ml contains:
|Florfenicol (M. Spec.)||300.0 mg|
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION:
For intramuscular (IM) use:
- 1 ml per 15 Kg body weight in all animal species and 2nd dose should be administered after 48 hours.
For Subcutaneous (SC) use:
- 2 ml per 15 Kg body weight in all animal species.
- Not to be used in adult bulls intended for breeding purposes.
- Do not administer in cases of previous allergic reactions to florfenicol.
- Withdrawal period:
Meat: 28 days (after IM injection)
Meat: 38 days (after SC injection)
- Shake well before use.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
- Keep it below 25˚C in a cool and dark place.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY