Amicin Oral Powder is a potent Aminoglycoside antibiotic which binds irreversibly to the bacterial 30 S ribosomal subunit and blocks the formation of protein. It diffuses across the bacterial cell wall by competitive displacement of bridging divalent cations and subsequent disruption of cross-links between adjacent lipopolysaccharides ultimately increasing the cell wall permeability.
Amicin Oral Powder is highly efficacious against all Gram-negative and some Gram-positive bacteria. It is indicated for the treatment of bacterial Enteritis like Colibacillosis, Salmonellosis causing white diarrhea and Necrotic Enteritis.
Each 100 gm contains:
|Neomycin Sulphate||72 gm|
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION:
- Poultry: 1 gm per 10 litre of drinking water for 3-5 days
- Cattle/Horses: 10 gm per 100 kg body weight for 3-5 days
- Sheep/Goat: 5 gm per 50 kg body weight for 3-5 days
- Concurrent use of ototoxic or nephrotoxic drugs with Amicin should be done with caution.
- Withdrawal period:
Meat: 5 days
- Shake well before use.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
- Keep it below 25˚C in a cool and dark place.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY