Akacin 50 Injection has high antibacterial efficacy with additional anti-protozoal properties. It shows broad spectrum activity against gram positive and gram negative bacteria, either aerobic or anaerobic, mycoplasma, spirochete, rickettsia, chlamydia and protozoa (blood parasites).
Akacin 50 Injection is indicated for the treatment of respiratory, gastro-intestinal, urogenital, skin and protozol infections such as Pneumonia, Shipping fever, BRD, Mycoplasmosis, Calf diphtheria, Pink Eye, Foot rot, Bacterial enteritis, Dysentery, Salmonellosis, Wooden Tongue, Leptospirosis, Wound infections, Acute metritis, Endometritis, Mastitis, Tick-borne fever, Anaplasmosis, Babesiosis, Theileriosis, Heart water disease, Tick-pyaemia in lambs, Yersiniosis and Enzootic abortion.
Each ml contains:
|Oxytetracycline HCl USP||50 mg|
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION:
Administer Akacin 50 Injection by deep IM, slow IV or SC route and the dose should be repeated daily for 3-5 days.
- Cattle/Sheep/Goat/Camel: 1 ml per 5-10 kg body weight IM.
- Horse: 1 ml for 10 kg body weight by slow IV route.
- Dog/Cat: 0.5 ml for 5 kg body weight IM or SC.
- Poultry: 0.1 ml for 1 kg body weight IM or SC.
- Withdrawal period:
Meat: 10 days
Milk: 3 days
- Use wisely in last half of gestation.
- Do not administer to animals with a severe impaired kidney or liver function.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
- Keep it below 25˚C in a cool and dark place.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY